Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Filipino, Egyptian and Italian

Malissa came up to stay with me for the last time before I move to Virginia. She came to help me pack up my stuff, but we also go to do some fun stuff.

Friday night when she came we went to a movie night that I had set up so I could say goodbye to everyone. We watched the Sandlot! It had been WAY too long since I'd seen it. It's such a classic. My friend Jake Dahl had NEVER seen it. Naturally the rest of us were shocked. Afterward, she, Tyson Woodbury and I went to the Bagel Shop. She got a pizza bagel and Tyson got a Sweaty Teddy (sounds appetizing eh?). He thought it was a pretty awkward name, but it tasted good! I however got a mango smoothie and Sourdough Jack from Jack-in-the-Box. They were both delicimous.

Back: Thomas, Nicole, Malissa, Me, Jamie. Front: Charles, Adam

Tyson Woodbury. I get this face a lot haha.

The next morning Malissa, Nicole Dalton and I headed to the Farmer's Market. I had never been, but all year long I'd been wanting to go so I jumped at the chance when Nicole suggested it and asked if we wanted to go along. I'm so glad we did! Not only did Malissa really enjoy it I did, too. We got to try a couple different ethnic foods which was SO awesome! Malissa and I got a Filipino dish called chicken pancit which is basically noodles and vegetables. It was SO delicious! Right next to the Filipino stand was and Egyptian pastry stand so I got one of those and that was also absolutely fantastic.


This cute older lady is from Manila in the Phillipines

The man in this picture is originally from Egypt,
but is a professor at the University of Idaho.

That afternoon my new friend Nick Smith made us authentic Italian pizza. He served his mission in Italy. I will never look at American pizza the same again. I prefer Italian pizza it's so simple, fresh and incredible! The Italians know how to make food!

Me and my new friend who goes to BYU, Nick Smith.
We're planning a Christmas party for when I get back
from Virginia in December :).

The delicious result of Nick's expertise in making Italian pizza! Mama Mia!

No comments: