Thursday, July 3, 2008

Halfway through the summer already?!

So another month has come and gone and a lot has changed! I have learned so much from Josh and I breaking up. It's forced me to learn my strengths, weaknesses and what kind of companion I want in the end. It's taught me to always better myself and trust in the Lord no matter how hard things seem to get =). God has always been there for me and I know he will continue to guide me. I am SO grateful for that!


I've had a chance to do a lot of fun things so far this summer. I've met some new people and gotten back in touch with old friends. I've got to say that this has been the hardest summer yet, but also the most rewarding. Most weekends I've been up in Moscow hanging out with Nicole Dalton (yes, Josh's sister, we're good friends) and my other friends. One weekend we went to her house out in Deary and played in the "creek" and had a fire at the cabin! It's so beautiful out there! I love it. Another weekend we had a foreign night where we rented the movie "Life is Beautiful" (I recommend it to everyone!) and made some pasta. It was a lot of fun. There are a lot of great people in Moscow. I can't wait to get back up there in August.



I have every weekend of the summer planned out. This weekend of course is the 4th of July; next weekend is a camp out in Moscow (July 11-13); then I'm hoping Spokane the next (19th); volunteering in Genessee for Habitat for Humanity and the Pioneer celebration the next (26th); Coleen and Jake the next two weekends (August 2nd, 9th); Moscow to set up my room, etc (Aug 15); and then the last weekend I'll be spending it in Astoria, OR visiting some cousins and hopefully I'll get to see my best friend Brittany Cozad, too (Aug 20-24). The very next day after that, August 25th, I start my classes for the fall semester!! =) So much going on and so much to look forward to!

I've been hanging out a lot with an old friend, his name is Cory Kelley and we're going to have a lot of fun this summer. We've kinda got a thing for each other so we'll see where that goes! Josh keeps sending me messages, but I think it's more for himself than me so I've decided not to respond very often, if at all. He needs to learn that a girl CAN say no to him! Haha maybe that will teach him something. =) Love the guy to death, but he's got to learn it sooner, or later and for future girls sakes, I'm going to be that girl to say no.

Anyway...things are going great! I'll have plenty of money left over for a laptop and I'll be putting some away for an emergency fund. =)
I'm so loving life!

Pamilla

1 comment:

Coleen and Todd Staples said...

So glad I'm on the agenda! Woo hoo! I can't wait to see you:)