Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Beginning and the End

So I guess this would be the place to tell you both about my thoughts, feelings and experiences I had going to Oregon and then flying back home. Going to Oregon, or trying to, was an adventure. My flight was supposed to leave July 20th at 6:30PM. Were we boarded on time? No. Did we get to Oregon at all that night? No. My flight ended up being canceled. I had to be bussed to a hotel nearby, stay the night and then wake up around 6AM to be boarded on the plane at 7:15. Did we board on time? Yes! Did I get to Oregon that day? Yes! I finally got to Salem, OR an hour after my plane landed. Brittany's mom was nice enough to come get me from the Portland airport! :) yay for moms.
Going home wasn't a problem. Well, I take that back. Both Brittany and her mother thought I was going back July 30th, instead of the 29th. Brittany had to scramble to find a ride for me to get to the airport on Sunday the 29th. We went from Brittany's mom (she was camping that weekend), Brittany's dad (he had to work), Brittany's step-mom (she had to work, too), Brittany's grandpa (he never returned her call) and then FINALLY we found a ride to the airport with Zak and his mother. yay for moms again! Going home wasn't as much as an adventure as getting to Salem. Did I board my plane on time that Sunday? No. Did I get to Spokane that day? Yes, but a half hour later than expected. I got home to good old Lewiston around 9PM.
Life is an adventure huh? haha.
I definitely enjoyed Oregon. The weather there is perfect and I did NOT miss the 100+ degree weather. Their water is really good too, you don't need a Brita filter to drink water, haha. Another good thing about Oregon, you don't have to pay sales tax...great for shopping! Oh ya and Salem was only a hour away from the coast! How much more perfect can you get? Luckily, I'll be going back October 5th! yay!

1 comment:

Coleen and Todd Staples said...

What a way to begin and end a great trip! I love good stories like that. Glad you made it there and back ok. And yes... ya for moms for sure!!! I feel like sending them cookies myself. If I made cookies that is:)