Monday, August 18, 2008

"I'm so excited it's here!!!" and "Where did it all go?"

The day after tomorrow my family and I are heading over to Astoria and Seaside, OR to visit some relatives. It'll be the first family vacation we've had in 5 years. I'm so excited!! =) It'll be the last thing I experience before going home to Moscow and getting back to school and my life on my own. I'm so glad that will be the last memory of the summer =). I pray that I might be strong for what this school year brings.

Here is my room all set up and ready to go once I get back from the family vacation in Oregon (pictures below). It'll be nice to come home and not have to worry about anything and be able to get in my bed and go to sleep. When I wake up the next morning school, work and volunteering will begin again and not stop for the next 9 months!


My word where does time go? I can remember three months ago wondering if I could make it through the summer in Lewiston where I would be living with my family, have no friends around and newly broken hearted. Now here I am, wondering how it all went by so fast and so deeply grateful that I spent potentially one of my last summers (if not my last) in Lewiston with my family and learned so much. Looking back I understand why I was supposed to be here. If I hadn't been in Lewiston this summer I wouldn't have gotten the help I needed from the people who could help me best, or gained the knowledge of what faith really means, or come so much closer to God. Even though there was so much struggle, push and tears, there was also so much joy, laughter, love and healing as well. How grateful I am for that. I know I have been truly blessed in so many untold ways. I know God lives and so does our Savior Jesus Christ. I know they love all of us and I'm so glad that they've shown me so much of that love this summer.

No comments: