Last month I went with my friends Nicole Dalton and Jake Dahl on a road trip to southern California. It was a long drive, but also a lot of fun! On the way down we stopped and stayed with Jake's family in Buhl, ID. I found out that his brother Jared had his last dinner as a missionary with my aunt and uncle in Virginia! It's such a small world in the gospel. We got to California the next day in the evening. We stayed with Nicole's grandparents in Upland, CA for the week.
Day 2 - was Sea World and the San Diego Temple. Sea World had a lot of cool animals. I think my favorite were the dolphins and sea lions. Shamu was pretty cool, too! The San Diego Temple looks like a fairytale castle. It is fitting because happily ever after really does happen there! It was so beautiful and a needed trip.
Day 3 - we went to the San Diego Zoo and Old Towne. We tried to find the Mormon Battalion site in Old Towne, but the building was being renovated. It was still a fun little part of San Diego! We got some food at The Alamo. Their burritos are HUGE and cheap so it was perfect! The Zoo was fun. We took the bus around to get a feel of what there was to see and then picked what we wanted to see.
Day 4 - was mostly homework day, but later in the evening we went to Sun City, CA to visit my paternal grandparents. It was sooo good to see them! They stay with my family in Lewiston, ID for the summer, but I won't be there this summer so I jumped at the chance to see them. I'll be in Virginia for 6 months starting May 26th.
Day 5 - was the busiest. Our first stop was The Hollywood Walk of Fame. It was fun to see just for the experience, but we only stayed a few minutes. I bought a cute dress in Hollywood and it was only $10! Next stop was La Brea Museum with the tar pits and prehistoric fossil cache. It was really interesting! From there we went and I got to do a baptism session in the Los Angeles Temple. It was such a great experience! I had the baptistry all to my self! It was a great spiritual experience and time to ponder. Two temples in one week was my favorite part of the whole vacation! I loved the ocean, too, but that came second. After the temple we headed to the Santa Monica Pier. There was a Ferris Wheel and cute little stands around the pier. Playing in the water was a lot of fun, too.



No comments:
Post a Comment